Sunday, January 27, 2013

FEMALES RULE // Moon Holiday / George Maple / Syron / Alison Valentine / MS MR

Since I'm on my major feminist kick again, because all men are lying sacks of shit who are intimidated by intelligence and dignity, I'm going to put up some of my recent favorites by some lovely ladies who are ruling the music scene.

Moon Holiday - Switching Sides



You first heard her (I assume because it's when I did) on Flume's album on the track "Insane" which was one of the most brilliant off that album. This Aussie beaut has been in the scene for a while now, and her music is so calming and her voice is so smooth, I just can't seem to remove myself from her sound. This song in particular is the definition of appreciation of the simple things in life.

George Maple - Uphill



And yet again, noticed her because of her vocal contribution to "Bring You Down" off of Flume's album. Her voice is one powerful force, and although this may be her only track alone, I can not wait to hear what else this girl has got up her sleeve.

Syron - Here



I called it from day one, this bad b was going FAR. And she has. She rules. She's so well respected, and her music is just getting tastier and tastier. This song could use a DOPE remix by Goldroom or Dippy or someone.

Alison Valentine - Peanut Butter (Moon Boots Remix)



It took me a damn minute and a half to fall in love with this track, but I finally did and now I can't get enough of it. Her voice is so feminine, so light, so perfect. And you can't help but be in a good mood when this remix is playing.

MS MR - Fantasy



Yeah I know it's a guy and a girl, but her soulful voice is enough to speak well of female artists everywhere. Their ego's may be a little giant (I'm still not over his rudeness when we met in Brooklyn), but their music is so damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment