Monday, February 25, 2013

The Goosebump Enhancers // Alt-J // Bahamas // Kishi Bashi // Toro Y Moi // AMTRAC



I know I always go on and on and on about Alt-J, but I can't help it. A really good friend of mine sent me their An Awesome Wave vinyl as a housewarming gift, and I have to tell you, the purity of their sound on a vinyl is nothing short of spiritual. This song in particularly, at around 3:29...I get chills, and I tear up. It's an overwhelming sensation that I never want to let go.
Also, if anyone in the greater NYC area has an extra ticket to Alt-J, I will write for you, pray for you, and give my first born up for a ticket.



My new boss/co-worker/musical confidant/long lost kindred spirit showed me this song, and the SOUL that pours forth is so natural, so groovy and so honest. A rarity in music now a days.



" " " " - He showed me this guy too, Kishi Bashi, and I think I may have whimpered out of utter bewilderment by how INCREDIBLE his sound was. You see and hear some musicians souls when they play music, and this guy is definitely one of them.



A little Disclosure-ish, a little Joe G-ish, a little awesome and fun and dancey and amazing and groovy and jammy.

Toro Y Moi - Never Matter



I think this is my favorite from Toro y Moi's album. Actually maybe it comes in second to "Say That" but everyone knows that one and I had to be different somehow! Kidding. Also, don't you think "Rose Quartz" could potentially have the dopest remix of all time!? PAGING JOE GODDARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment