Thursday, February 16, 2012

GET YOUR DANCING PANTS ON Miike Snow / Ladyhawke / Electro Sound / Nero & Flux Pavillion / Medina / Yelawolf & Ed Sheeran

Miike Snow - Paddling Out (Jacques Lu Cont Remix)



I was probably the 3rd person to get Miike Snow's new song, and I was totally gunna brag about it by blogging it asap, but then I didn't. So good things come to those who wait, and this is the totally rad remix by Jacques Lu Cont, much more anthem-y and buildup-y. Yayay.

Electro Sound - Please Don't be Led by Blind Faith (Mike Posner vs Chase & Status)



I'm not one for mashups...but thanks APC! I don't know who Mike Posner is, and he looks like a kid I graduated highschool with so I feel a bit uncomfortable, but I'm digging this like cray! This music is wonderful and I will definitely be checking out more of Chase & Status.

Ladyhawke - Black White & Blue



New favorite song already. SO much fun to listen to with my imaginary friends and dance around my room. Totally a hairbrush singing-jumping on the bed-dressed up in crazy gear kinda song. I haven't listened to Ladyhawke since Paris is Burning or that really Miami sounding Dusk til Dawn song. Aka, it's been quite a while since she's graced my ears. Glad she's back.

Nero and Flux Pavillion - Must be the Feeling



How long has it been since I've put up music like this? A long freaking time. I will always have a soft spot for Nero, they always know what buttons to push for me (literally) and they freaking killed it at Ultra Fest last year. Unfortunately I've wandered far from my heavy electro days, but this song was too good to pass over. It's angry, it's loud, it's raw, it's obnoxious. It's perfection.

Medina - Addiction



OK so this song came on at work last week, and I totally forgot HOW obsessed I am with it. So judge me if you insist, but don't hate. This is one of those songs that will never ever get old in my ears. That second verse rolls in with that killer freaking beat and I just lose it, as should you. I wouldn't want to see myself in a dance hall with this song creeping through the system, I'd go cray cray.
Morgan, this one's for you.

Yelawolf feat. Ed Sheeran - Faces



Did they seriously come out with an EP!? This is so exciting!!! I don't even like Yelawolf, but when he collabs with other artists, it's dirty magic. So sexy, so vibrant, so raw. Congrats, Yelawolf, you ALMOST make me like rap music!

No comments:

Post a Comment