Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lost in Reverie

A lot of times while I'm lying down or just sitting around I get lost in reverie.
Most of those times I am day dreaming about my imaginary worlds I wish existed.
There are a plethora of places that I get lost in, the atmosphere usually depending on my mood. They are usually colour based, either light pink and white with lace accents or charcoal grey and black chiffon hanging from the windows. The people and music differ between these areas as well, my outfits are always magnificent, and accepted by all people at all times. The music throughout this make believe wonderland is always perfectly fitting, and I can dance or drown throughout it at any time.
Lately I've been getting lost in thoughts ever since I've had to stay for this one class I have to take at school. My boyfriend has left me to go home, my friends are dispersed, my family is back north, and here I am once again, alone with my thoughts.

This could be potentially dangerous, and normally would be, but after a year of complete happiness I think I'm safe. I know how to handle it, I know what to do, I know where to go and that I'm just being selfish.
However, this feeling of loneliness that's cradling me has been missed...

When I was in London, I visited the Tate Modern Museum, and in their Surrealist / Dreamscape level, they were showing this short film by Maya Deren. I found it recently. Amazing.

Maya Deren - Meshes of the Afternoon (1943)

No comments:

Post a Comment