Thursday, October 6, 2011

Weekend Jams // Kaskade / Rihanna & Calvin Harris / Buraka Som Sistema / Florence & The Machine Benny Benassi / KRADDY / Jasper Forks

Kaskade - Raining (Minnesota Remix)



This is my most absolute favorite song right now. The feeling I get from this song is the exact feeling you receive when you listen to 'Only You' by Tiesto and Kaskade, that feeling where you want to be depressed in the prettiest way possible. At first the dub was too much for me in this song, but as I listened over and over and over again, I learned to love. It's only right because after the heavy dub catches your attention, that light and higher pitched synth they throw in there softens the song right up and evokes that pull for tears right out of you. Not to mention listening to this and looking at Kaskade at the same time isn't too bad either. 

Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris - We Found Love (Alessio Silvestro Remix)



Okay so when I first heard the original of this song, I liked it, but it bothered me SO MUCH that Calvin Harris didn't tamper with the beat at all. He left it in the same tempo throughout the song, where I personally think it would have sounded much better if he scaled the beat occasionally. ...But what do I know.
What I do know is that this Alessio Silvestro mix made me feel so much better because they play with the beat so the song continues to excite you. At 2:20 they single out her voice and then they add in this hard beat to string you along to a wonderful drop. Job well done.

Buraka Som Sistema - (We Stay) Up All Night (feat. Blaya & Roses Gabor)



Now if you're friends with me on facebook then you may remember when I posted the APC link to this mp3. Loved it when I first heard it, love it even more after the video came out. Especially because Diplo makes a super random appearance in it, I swear that man is everywhere now a days. Listening to it now, dancing in my seat. This may come in a close second for favorite song of the week. AHH do you hear that sneaky little drowned out beat creeping it's way up!? Brilliant. Check the vid HERE

Florence & The Machine - Shake it Out (Benny Benassi Remix)



Oh Florence Welch. She marvels me every time she opens up her mouth. And what is better than having an incredible singer being matched by an even better DJ? I think it is completely safe to say that F&TM remixes are by far the most exciting for me, going by the base artist standard. Benassi is on a freaking role.
PS: Please disregard the obnoxious announcer who thought it was smart to add her opinion in here towards the end. 

KRADDY - Operation Prometheus



Immediately caught my eye because of the remotely intelligent title. The beginning tune is so pretty and light, but then as soon as one minute hits, HOLY DROP. That is one powerful freaking blowup if I have ever heard one. Dirty, dark and angry, just how I like my music. Oh and then he throws in this 2006 sounding keyboard beat that you don't expect but just works oh so so well. THEN a ripping guitar towards the end? My oh my, this is certainly unlike anything I have heard in a good while. And it feels way too good to listen to, also. 

Jasper Forks - River Flows in You (Alessio Remix)






Okay so if I ever had to like go be a detective through the streets of a creepy town/city in the middle of the night, this is the song I would want to have playing in the background. I love love love every single EDM musician who adds in the classical music, and this one has the piano and violin strewed throughout. Beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment