Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Calm Me Downs // Oberhofer / James Vincent McMorrow / Mona / Ian Longo

Oberhofer - Heart





You know the expression "my chills got chills"? Is that even an expression? Well, listen to this song and you'll see what I mean. This song is literally the best song I've heard in about a month or so. Every time I hear it a smile steals my face. Around 2:40, an explosion of piano, and a killer violin make my ears and my heart the happiest in the world. Oberhofer is pretty awesome too, read about him more HERE, and visit the wonderful SNSPost & my column about Artists to Watch bi-weekly!

James Vincent McMorrow - We Don't Eat



Poor thing is compared to Bon Iver in every article I've ever read :( They do sound quite a bit alike, but he is his own person, own musician so let's just cut STRAIGHT to his music. The song is absolutely beautiful, and it may or may not make my eyes fill up with tears every time I hear it. So emotive.

Mona - Lean into the Fall (Piano Version)



Obsessed with his voice. Completely obsessed. Does he not resemble Steve Perry?? Just a bit, come on you know he sounds like him. Anyway, I love the piano, and the intensity he has singing over the sweet sounds of those chords. Beautiful.

Ian Longo & Jay Wainwright feat. Craig Smart - One Night Stand (Ian Carey Remix)



OK, I'm fully aware of how old this song is, but holy happiness. I was in the city yesterday, and it was the first warm day we've had since the beginning of winter, and I just blasted this in my ears and walked the streets with the biggest smile ever on my face. I do love fresh air and spring, but there is something nostalgic about the roasted peanuts and clamor of the city people that sends me to a happy place, ESPECIALLY when I'm alone and can listen to a song like this and then meet up with some of the prettiest friends I have (inside, and out.) Oh it was such a wonderful feeling, I love when a song can just sweep my mind off of any negative thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment