Thursday, June 13, 2013

DEEP BANGERS || PHONAT // LORDE // BURNS // DEPECHE MODE // GESAFFELSTEIN // FLUME



Without a doubt my favorite track right now. Those opening synth lines into the heavy piano just absolutely stops my heart. What a beautifully visceral sound. Then around a minute and a half they mesh together and melt you right where you're listening and I never want to listen to anything else ever again. Ugh, Phonat, how did you do this.



16 year old musician from New Zealand. WHY IS EVERYONE COOLER THAN ME. Ugh, her voice is great, and what a super deep sound. Man I'm really excited to hear more and more from her.



Remember that incredibly sick remix of Lana Del Rey's "National Anthem" that I posted around this time last year? Well this is the same guy. An original piece by him, and it's really, really effing good.
The lyrics are sweet, the beat is heavy, there's an eternal ebb and flow of longing throughout the song. A+



Duh Gesaffelstein would remix a Depeche Mode song, like that doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but MAN is this perfect. I mean, it's a dope as hell song to begin with, but holy shit listen to how he heightens Dave Gahan's vocals!! That is how a remix is supposed to be done. He didn't change the ethos of the song at all, he just highlighted the deep feel of it.
Gooooooooddddd...byyyyyeeeeeee.



Oh Flume. Flume, Flume. You're so good at making me happy. So Flumey, too. I like this remix better than the one he did of "You & Me" by Disclosure. I don't know there's something so happy about this song, maybe because it reminds of the time I first found Flume? Sometime last year in the summer? I don't know but I ruv it.

No comments:

Post a Comment