Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Animal Collective - Wide Eyed



OK SO. First of all sorry I've been slacking, I don't really know who I'm apologizing to, but to those of you who dig the music on here, heyyy. OK this past weekend was Governors Ball on Randall's Island, and this song represents the best part of the festival. Yes, yes I know it's true I did see Alt-J, but, ask me about their performance in person. Anyway, Animal Collectives set was by far the most fun of the weekend. Even though the entire island was a muddy, disgusting, filthy mess, they somehow brightened the entire ethos of the night, and there was room to dance! When they dropped this and "Brother Sport" everyone had their very own little dance party, and it was freaking fantastic.

On another note. I'm kinda over festivals. Except for Ultra, as cliche and gay as that sounds, I still always have the best, non-crowded time there. This one in particular, was just too dirty, too messy, too many people, not enough room to do your own thing, not feeling it. It's like, not about the music anymore. It's about what you're wearing, where you're being seen, who you're with. Like I couldn't hear half the shit that was being played, the sound was off, and people are just too damn drunk sometimes. I prefer my small, intimate settings where I have room to dance to myself and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment