Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Special Ones...

I know that I did this somewhat backwards, that I usually even out the darker, more mellow songs with the fast paced ones, but this time...the darker ones beat it out. Guess it's because of the New Year..or maybe that has nothing to do with it...

Austra - Beat and the Pulse



One of my favorite things in the entire world is when someone super rad leaves you a song and says to you "This is totally a YOU song, I thought of you when I heard it." HELL YEAH GIRL. This was sent to me by a friend, and she was right, I fell in love with this song. Dark, creepy, magnificent female vocals...perfection.

Electric Indian - Kids These Days



One of my friends sent me the video to this song, it was really really freaking cute, but the song is better. It's one of those songs I listen to while I'm driving or walking down the streets of the city thinking about how content I am at that current moment. Ahhh.

Loud Mouths - Wise Blood



The beginning of this song sounds like it belongs in church. Which doesn't bother me... The guys voice sounds like Pharell before he went through puberty, and the piano beat is so pulling to your gut. YUMMY.

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Desert Song


WINNER. I heard this also the morning after our debaucherous events on New Years, when I was taking a nap. Imagine being woken up from your nap by this song, like...you can't ask for anything more calming and pure. I will be listening to this as I take off from the airport leaving my beautiful city of NY behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment