Wednesday, August 31, 2011

End of the Summer Music


And this wonderful, highly anticipated summer has come to a close. Normally I would be stoked out of my mind, because when summer ends that means the Fall arrives, but I live in Florida, and we don't get that. So enjoy my last picks of the end of summer jams, and get yourself in a happy fall mood, because come September, we will have some fantastic new posts.

Chris Brown feat. Benny Benassi - Beautiful People



My boyfriend had this song on his ipod and as he was trying to entice me into listening to CB in the car one time he said..."Well this one is all techno-y like how you like"! And then, voila, one of my new favorite songs was born. I would die to dance to this in a large, loud crowd of people. I would also die if the VS Fashion show this year used this song to one of the runways. RIGHT!? It's like perfect for that.

Sultan & Ned Shepard - Call my Name (feat. Nadia Ali) (Spencer Hill Remix)



My dad was playing this song in his car...I had heard the original, and it did absolutely nothing for me, and quite a shame too, because Sultan and Ned Shepard are the guys who remixed 'Call Your Girlfriend' by Robyn that I was so stoked to put up a couple of months ago. BUT THEN I heard this Spencer Hill remix and it was love from there. 1:50 is where it's at, as soon as that drops, I want to be surrounded by sweat, hair and moving limbs.

Calvin Harris - Feel So Close (Benny Benassi Remix)



You know what, it's so nice and refreshing to see classic DJ's collaborating again to produce such a beautiful classical dance tune baby. I'm getting kind of sick of all of these LMFAO type groups (whose beats I always end up loving) and forgetting what real dance music sounds like. I missed Calvin Harris and Benny Benassi's beats, and they always keep it real. Speaking of top notch DJ's, due to Guetta's new album, David Guetta has lost his title as DJ to me. He will now be referred to 'Mainstream Club Hit Producer.' LAME.

The Kills - Cheap and Cheerful (Fake Blood Remix)



The Kills in themselves are pretty rough and raw, but then add a Fake Blood remix to top it off? Oh how illegal! I don't know how they do it but Fake Blood remixes always make me wish I was back in NYC late at night in all black clothing walking down the streets about to kill someone or something, then compressed into a packed rave in the underground seeing nothing but blinding flashes and rolling faces. Those were the days.....

Tonight Only - We Run the Night



This is interesting! It's not something I would normally pull out on my own, but my brother sent it to me, and it totally has that Justice - D.A.N.C.E feel to it, which obviously automatically makes me like it a whole lot. It's a very high strung Aoki sounding type of tune, one that you can only jump and dance extremely crazy to every single time you hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment