Friday, September 16, 2011

Sensory Pleasers

Lana Del Rey - Kinda Outta Luck



I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but, I will be. Miss Lana Del Rey is not who we thought. I'm not big into ripping celebrities (indielebrities) apart, but this deserves a statement. She's a fakey. Originally known as Lizzie Grant, she was a cute little bubbly blonde with a innocent smile, but, she got no hits. So, she and Hollywood changed her image into something remarkable. Her lips are full of collagen, her hair is not her own, and this tough image she bleeds is just that; an image. Unfortunate really, but I must say this is a wonderful example of being a product of fame. Do what you gotta do, right? Yup.
Songs good though, her voice really is something else. Can't hate for too long.

Mr. Little Jeans - The Suburbs



This is a cover of an Arcade Fire song, and it is just so dreamy. Laying in my bed attempting a nap with this song going on above me was one of the best things I did for myself this week. She has such a gorgeous voice, and every breathy lyric she sings heightens all of my senses. Beautiful, really.

Kito & Reija Lee - Run For Cover



As soon as I heard 'MAD DECENT,' I downloaded it. I had heard these girls a little less than a year ago and I remember not liking anything they put out. But this is just perfect. It has the same sensory pull as the Mr. Little Jeans song, airy, soft...but this song takes another turn during the chorus. A romantic dub slaps the lyrics in the chorus and it creates this unusually sexy sound.
Don't run for cover.


Korallreven - As Young as Yesterday



I was hesitant to put this up at first because I wasn't how sure I was about loving it. Then I let my iTunes go as I was getting ready for the day, and this came on and put a massive smile on my face. This Swedish duo created just a happy hearted song with a whimsical sound. Smile, friends, it's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment