Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Holy Grail of Music Posts // MORGAN PAGE / RIHANNA / THEOPHILUS LONDON / CARLY RAE JEPSON (RIZE) / MAJOR LAZER / DIPLO / USHER / CAAN

Meiko - Leave the Lights On (Morgan Page Remix)



I literally don't have the vocabulary to describe the feeling I get when I hear a song like this. I mean, I can usually trust Morgan Page's music to strike a chord with me, but this remix of his right here is unbelievably mind blowing. It is thee dirtiest, rawest, most illicit remix I have heard in a solid minute. It's a lot more visceral than what I would expect from him, and please, by all means...keep it coming, MP.

Theophilus London feat. ASAP Rocky - Big Spender



To take a classic 1960's song and turn it into this...is genius. Theophilus London has been on my radar for a short period of time now, but after writing about him for SNS <-- and watching some of his underground (or above ground actually...) performances, I'm falling deeper and deeper in love. I dig his style, his rhythm, and every single sick remix that has come from his music.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe (Rize Remix)



Don't. Judge. Me. For some reason, my friend and I had a sick obsession with this song, and would probably say it to each other an unnecessary amount of times when it first came out. And then I found this. It's more than decent, it starts out super strong with a killer build up, but gets a little sloppy on the first drop for the chorus. However, the end of the song makes up for whatever qualms I had with it. SO, all in all, it's a dance-able tune.

Major Lazer feat. Amber of Dirty Projectors - Get Free (Bonde do Role Remix)



Looks like our friend Dippy is at it again! I got really excited when the original to this dropped the other day, to end up being slightly unsatisfied with what I heard. This remix livens it up a bit, I suppose. It's adds a bit of tropical flavor to it, and it makes it significantly more upbeat. I think I'm a little confused by the vocals...is it just me or does it sound weirdly flat? Whatever, I can't deny Diplo or Switch's power, I know people will be all over this track.

Usher - Climax (prod. by Diplo) [Diplo & Flosstradamus Remix)



OK, here is another prime example of a song that words cannot describe. As if the original wasn't sexy enough, this remix comes forth and blows the other one RIGHT out of the damn water. Talk about a climax...the end of this song is definitely one of the most unreal climax's I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Imagine listening to this on full blast in some underground dance hall. A girl can dream.

Rihanna - Where Have You Been (Vice Remix)



I don't like Rihanna. I keep trying to, but I just can't do it. However, listening to a song like this will definitely give her points in my book. (Like the girl needs my points...) Anyway, this is a killer dance track. Around 1:35 it grabs your soul and sucks you RIGHT into the line of fire. Holy music, this is one hell of a remix. Go Vice.

CAAN - Every Little Thing (Dynamikk Remix)



I like this guy a lot. I really appreciate musicians who can portray a level of emotion through their music without trying to hard. The original don of this is really a wonderful song, but what's better than a stellar remix to an already amazing song? Not much. I really like the darkly subtle dub that magnifies this song, it adds a deeper element of raw passion. Or something like that. Check out more of CAAN right HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment