Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miss Guided

We all have those songs that make us feel like a bad ass. Don't deny it, you know you do. When you're walking down the streets of NYC or wherever you walk, there is always a song you put on to get you in that mood that you own the city. If you don't do this, then that makes you lame, and me even more awesome. Maybe it is just with me. Since I was never allowed to display my "rock & roll" side, (as lame and as Taylor Momsen as that may sound), it's true. I couldn't blast this music without being yelled at, nobody in the car would listen to it with me, but it's one of the types of music that inspires me to channel my darker side.
Yeah I know everyone thinks that the grey-er area of my life can just go away with prayer or church or whatever, but it's there. Deal with it or don't, I don't care anymore. It doesn't mean I'm not religious, (this is to the two who turned there back on me in a time of need) it doesn't mean I need help, it doesn't mean I need you. I need me, and I have God. And I also have my music, which I can now freely listen to and finally have people to talk to about it. People who ACTUALLY care about what I have to say. I have nothing to prove to you at all. And I'm so happy I can finally be me. Whether it be dark, light, grey, whatever.

That did get sort of off topic. Let's get back to the music aspect of this, shall we? Here we go, this is what I play when I'm wearing my BadGal lined eyes and crimson lips, leopard platforms and Iron Maiden shirt, walking down the street. Find your grey area, kids, it's there, and it'll make you feel good.

The Dead Weather - Treat Me Like Your Mother



I don't think Jack White and Alison Mosshart could've had any better of a video for this song. Hot musicians with machine guns? Yep.

The Horrors - Who Can Say



Oh my leather wearing British fantasy, sing to me some more. I can't wait to get back to London.

Republica - Ready To Go



I'm kickin' it old school with this one. What a classic one that was. 90's grunge hello.

Does It Offend You, Yeah? - We Are Rockstars



HEALTH - Die Slow



This has a sick video, I recommend watching.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post.

    that Dead Weather and HEALTH shit is some of my current faves too!

    listen to this too.

    Lets be the Dead Weather? k, cool . . . see you in Miami

    ReplyDelete