Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2 Bears





SO the other day I crossed off the fourth thing THIS YEAR on my bucket list, which was to meet Joe Goddard. Sound kinda groupie-ish? Whatever. The grizzle is a visionary when it comes to music. He's been my favorite producer ever since my Hot Chip days and when he released "Gabriel." He played with Raf Rundell (2 Bears) at LPR and it was probably one of the best nights I've had in that debaucherous city. Not a lot of people were there, it was pretty personal, and after I asked Raf to play Skankin (which he did), Joe decided to break my little heart into pieces and pieces by playing his remix to the Dirty Projectors song "Socialites" (see a couple posts below). I think he saw me cry, which is why he was so willing to accept (and actually listen) to my rambling mouth and bear hug after he played. But I can't even describe how incredibly calming it was to hear that track in person. He's so brilliant. He can make us all dance and laugh in Hot Chip, he and Raf are hysterical together, but when it's just him vs the music, it's like finding a Hells Angel who likes to garden. He has such a tender, delicate gift to pull out every innocent detail of the tracks he touches. Ugh, I'm so grateful to know his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment