Thursday, May 27, 2010

strung out babies

As I was watching the video for Sky Ferreira's '17', I thought to myself that it was a little risque/raunchy/slutty...but i let it go, until i read that she's only 17 years old. And for some reason I compared her with Taylor Momsen, as two young confused artists who TRY to act much too old for their own good. I was reading one of the future NYLON mags at work..and WAIT until you see the picture of little j. She tries way too hard to be strung out, and she's 16. Calm down, life's too short. Can you even drive yet? I dont think so. I watched a NYLON+TV thing on Taylor, and oh my goodness, what a little poser brat. When asked about her band, The Pretty Reckless, she says "well, it's pretty much me, I mean, I kinda play guitar." ....no dear, you don't. You sing, and there is an entire band that plays music so you sound good. Appreciation is key in life, little j. And Sky, just...stop.



No comments:

Post a Comment