Sunday, November 28, 2010

Slower. However, Sexier.

And, it's not fast paced, heavy beated, dirtdiry raw partyparty music like it usually is. I apologize. HOWEVER, do you actually think I would deny tunes that weren't just as significant? NOPE. This weekend was pretty mellow, so to fit my mellow mood, mellow music. Ah, to me this is mellow, to you other haters this is depression. Mellow + Depressing beats + Angelic voices = money.

May I suggest the reading of Wallace Stevens "Lunar Paraphrase," to pair with the music as well? Okay good, because I just did.

Jump, Little Children - Cathedrals



New favorite sad go to song. Any time I need to fall a little into the gray...Cathedrals. And his voice is so beautiful.

Deadmau5 feat. Greta Svabo Bech - Raise Your Weapons



Oh whoever leaked the Deadmau5 album, I thank you. I honestly don't understand how DJs can even get mad if their shit leaks, If was trying to get my shit out there, I wouldn't care HOW it did. This song evokes that super strong emotion too, it pulls at the synth strings located just below the heart, right above the stomach. BurnBurnBurn.

Glitch Mob feat. Swan - Between Two Points



And ditto. This one even more than the last. And I never really expected for Glitch Mob to put out such a Massive Attack feeling song...this is great. I really hope they keep going in this direction.

Radiohead - Everything In It's Right Place (Gigamesh Remix)



Forgot about this little guy. Hypem rape-age and he shows right up on my loved from months ago.

Rosebud - Don't Put it On



Oh, this is an oldie. I forgot how beautiful this song is. The voice, the lyrics, the mood. Purely, innocently sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment