Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pre-Christmas Eve Obscurity

Let's be real here, shall we? We all know that those feel good songs only stay in my system for the time being. Here are the real chord pullers that evoke an emotion in me, and please, let them pull something dark out of you. It's screaming to come out, don't silence it. You know it's in there.

Accept it.

Massive Attack - Red Light (Clark Remix)



#1 song able to take over me. You know when there is that song that has just the right touch that evokes the darkest emotion in you? This is it. Massive Attack has its way of creeping right into my soul and pulling out the blackest of the black. 1:55, hide your kids.

Blood Letting - Blood Warrior



It's a more upbeat version of a song I would want to die to.

Massive Attack VS Aled Jones - Tear Drops In Air



Sick operatic vocals AND Massive Attack??? Why I do believe I've found paradise.

Dave.i.d - Marvel



It took me about six tries to get this mp3 correct. That's when you know you really want a song. This beat is illicit. It's going to get you arrested. Use with caution.

The Do - Slippery Slope



I was first attracted to the video. The singer is a beautiful looking model with abstract images surrounding her. Who wouldn't be interested, right? The jungle-esque beat is what pulled me in. And she has such a new age 40's sounding voice. I love, I love.

Man-u-Ill - Cinderella Man



I know the guy who does the beat for this song! Old time close family friend. He's rad, and this is something he's been working with for a while. It sounds something like Zion I meets Fort Minor. I totally dig. And it touches on a current situation, this recession we are going through...and they do it all over an ill beat. Politics and music? How Rolling Stone of them...

Jamie Woon - Blue Truth



Second fave next to the first one I posted. The beat pulls at something I have in my body. I don't know what it is but it pretty much controls my every move. It's deep, it's dark...and it's on my blog. Take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment